Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Day 22 of the Pantry Challenge



  And THIS...this is how I see it.  The world would be a better place if there was more sharing and much less greed.  I have tried so hard to stay out of politics lately, mostly, well--as much as I could.  It is almost impossible. I sit here watching the world being smashed to an even bigger  immoral and unspeakable mess than I have seen in my lifetime. Unadulterated greed and selfishness on a massive level.  And many of us so shell shocked we cannot begin to know what to do.   If I hear one more time that I was wrong about that man I will scream until my head explodes. How can people be so blind ?  Now the climate and water protections we have fought so hard for are being thrown out. Women's health rights. Immigration rights. HUMAN rights. Families being torn apart. Children separated from their families.  Will there be anything left?   Anything...of the America that I have known and loved ?  My heart hurts. My stomach hurts. My head hurts.  I am sickened by all of it.



  It's Day 22. My pantry is still full. Relatively.  I have not bought anything at the grocery except the asparagus, parsley and coconut ice cream. And fresh raspberries.  For the celebration dinners.  I'm pretty happy with that.  I'm making bread regularly again. And liking it. lol


  I have been able to share food with a few people.  That is important to me as well. Today I am taking home made bread and jam to a friend recuperating from surgery. I am down to my last 3/4 of a stick of butter, but I have canned butter in the pantry. lol  High class problems...

  We've been eating well...plenty of leftovers for lunches and last minute suppers too. I have had a frantically busy week and it isn't over yet, but today is a bit of an oasis in the middle of it. I'm moving slow and doing what I want today--no schedules, no deadlines.  Ahhhhh....relaxing....


  Tonight's supper will be something a little more involved than it has been, because my fridge is about out of leftovers. lol  Not sure what...pork chops or ribs or something maybe. I made chicken last. Trying to keep it mixed up. Or maybe it's vegetarian time again. Hmmm... I have a lot of eggs...maybe fried rice or something. Or quiche. Or a trouchia. Or none of the above. lol  I can't think...

   I still have enough fresh veggies for another salad or two. Then I will be completely out of peppers and cucumbers and radishes and  lettuce.  I really didn't think I would make it through the month on that front.  But I rationed the salad portion of my meals pretty strictly and it worked out okay. 
  

   This has been an interesting exercise.  I think I will do it again one month this summer.  WooHoo !


   Okay--Out of here and into the day. Eat well, my friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment ! I love hearing from you...