Friday, September 22, 2023

Pumpkin (is it fall yet ?)

 



   It's that pumpkin time of year again and I have 2 favorite pumpkin desserts.  This is one of them, and I just got to bake one for a friend's birthday.  It's a lovely bundt cake that I can bake in my Ninja 5 in 1 airfryer oven.  I am known for making cakes and things from scratch, but there are a couple of things I make that are not part of that holy culinarium.  lol  (Google says that's misspelled, but I made it up, so screw Google.  LOL)   Anyway... this is one of those recipes that uses a  tweaked out yellow cake mix.  And it is magnificent.  

     The first step is the Praline topping mix.  

1/2 cup butter

1/4 cup whipping cream (I have used evaporated milk and it works fine)

1 cup brown sugar 

3/4 cup chopped pecans 


Melt butter, add cream and sugar, stir til blended (about 5 minutes). Add pecans and remove from heat. Cool a bit.

  Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In a stand mixer,  mix until well blended

1 yellow cake mix

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup cold water

  Then add 4 eggs, one at a time until well mixed.

   Add one can pumpkin puree (NOT pie mix)  and 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and mix til fully blended.



Pour the cooled praline mix into a greased bundt pan and spread evenly. 



 Pour cake batter over all.  Bake 40 to 50 minutes til done. When inserted toothpick comes out clean, cool in pan for about 20 minutes, then turn out onto cake plate.  You can add a glaze if you like, but I think it's beautiful and just sweet enough as is.  

 Voila !


1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for the positive impact your blog has had on my personal growth.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment ! I love hearing from you...